Ecotourism, according to the Washington DC based International Ecotourism Society, is about uniting conservation, communities and sustainable travel.
They advocate that eco-tourism, should:
- Minimise impact
- Build environmental and cultural awareness and respect
- Provide positive experiences for both visitors and hosts
- Provide direct financial benefits for conservation
- Provide financial benefits and empowerment for the local people
- Raise sensitivity to a host country's political, environmental, and social climate
- Support international human rights and labour agreements
There is a wide range of eco resorts and eco tour services to choose from. Luxury lodges in Africa and Australia, experiencing Mongolia, trekking in the Himalayas, vacations on idyllic islands, mountain climbing, deep sea diving and arctic circle tours.
What they all have in common is a desire to work positively with the local population and strengthen the local economy of the travel destination, promote cross cultural experiences, fully empower the indiginous peoples and create as little impact as possible on the natural habitat while promoting biodiversity and conservation.
Choosing your honeymoon destination carefully can really make a difference.
Images: Three Camel Lodge, Mongolia
More in this Category
Wedding Advice1. Getting Started - Wedding Budget - Wedding Planning Tips - Your Timeline
- 2. Ceremonies and Venues - Ceremony Venues - Reception Venues - Same Sex Unions - Wedding Ceremonies3. Making It Happen - Green Transportation - Style and Atmosphere - Wedding Entertainment - Wedding Favours - Wedding Flowers - Wedding Food and Drink - Wedding Gifts - Wedding Photography - Wedding Stationery4. All Dressed Up - Footwear & Accessories - Gorgeous Grooms - THE Dress - Wedding Jewellery5. Beauty Naturally - Good Grooming - Health & Wellbeing - Healthy Hair - Makeup Magic6. Sustainable Hens, Stags and Honeymoons - Eco-Tourism - Hens and Stags - Honeymoon in the UKShow Less
Wedding DirectoryAccessoriesBride and Bridesmaid DressesCakes and CateringCelebrants
- ConfettiDecorFavours and GiftsFlowersGift RegistriesGuest AccommodationHair and MakeupHens, Stags and HoneymoonsInvitations and StationeryMarquees, Tents, Tipis, YurtsMusic and EntertainmentPhotographersPlanners and StylistsRings and JewelleryTablewareTransportationVenuesVideographyWedding WebsitesView All Categories
Blog TagsConscious BeautyConscious Brand ReviewsConscious ConsumerismConscious Fashion
- Conscious HealthConscious HomeConscious LivingConscious TravelConscious WorkingEco and Sustainable LivingEco Sponsored PostEnvironmental IssuesGreen UnionsGU HQGU IntroductionsGU Partner FocusGU SoulmatesGuest PostsHens and HoneymoonsInternational Wedding InspirationMarriage ProposalsReal WeddingsWedding AccessoriesWedding AdviceWedding and Bridesmaid DressesWedding AttireWedding CakesWedding CateringWedding CelebrantsWedding CharitiesWedding Competitions and Special OffersWedding ConfettiWedding Contributed ArticlesWedding DecorWedding ElopementsWedding Events, Workshops and CoursesWedding Favours and GiftsWedding FlowersWedding Gift RegistriesWedding Guest AccommodationWedding GuestsWedding Hair and Make UpWedding InspirationWedding Invitations and StationeryWedding Marquees, Tipis, Tents and YurtsWedding Music and EntertainmentWedding PhotographyWedding PlanningWedding Rings and JewelleryWedding Seasonal InspirationWedding Services and HireWedding Sponsored PostWedding StationeryWedding StylingWedding TransportationWedding VenuesWedding VideographyWedding WebsitesView All Categories