Ecotourism, according to the Washington DC based International Ecotourism Society, is about uniting conservation, communities and sustainable travel.
They advocate that eco-tourism, should:
- Minimise impact
- Build environmental and cultural awareness and respect
- Provide positive experiences for both visitors and hosts
- Provide direct financial benefits for conservation
- Provide financial benefits and empowerment for the local people
- Raise sensitivity to a host country's political, environmental, and social climate
- Support international human rights and labour agreements
There is a wide range of eco resorts and eco tour services to choose from. Luxury lodges in Africa and Australia, experiencing Mongolia, trekking in the Himalayas, vacations on idyllic islands, mountain climbing, deep sea diving and arctic circle tours.
What they all have in common is a desire to work positively with the local population and strengthen the local economy of the travel destination, promote cross cultural experiences, fully empower the indiginous peoples and create as little impact as possible on the natural habitat while promoting biodiversity and conservation.
Choosing your honeymoon destination carefully can really make a difference.
Images: Three Camel Lodge, Mongolia
More in this Category
Wedding Advice1. Getting Started - Wedding Budget - Wedding Planning Tips - Your Timeline
- 2. Ceremonies and Venues - Ceremony Venues - Reception Venues - Same Sex Unions - Wedding Ceremonies3. Making It Happen - Green Transportation - Style and Atmosphere - Wedding Entertainment - Wedding Favours - Wedding Flowers - Wedding Food and Drink - Wedding Gifts - Wedding Photography - Wedding Stationery4. All Dressed Up - Footwear & Accessories - Gorgeous Grooms - THE Dress - Wedding Jewellery5. Beauty Naturally - Good Grooming - Health & Wellbeing - Healthy Hair - Makeup Magic6. Sustainable Hens, Stags and Honeymoons - Eco-Tourism - Hens and Stags - Honeymoon in the UKShow Less
Wedding DirectoryAccessoriesBride and Bridesmaid DressesCakes and CateringCelebrants
- ConfettiDecorFavours and GiftsFlowersGuest AccommodationHair and Make UpHens and HoneymoonsInvitations and StationeryMarquees, Tents, Tipis, YurtsMusic and EntertainmentPhoto BoothsPhotographersPlanners and StylistsRings and JewelleryTablewareTransportationVenuesWedding WebsitesView All Categories
Blog TagsAccessoriesAdviceBride and Bridesmaid DressesCakes and Catering
- CelebrantsCompetitions, Discounts, OffersConfettiDecorEvents, Workshops, CoursesFavours and GiftsFlowersGreen UnionsGU SoulmatesGuest AccommodationGUHQHair and Make UpHens and HoneymoonsInspirationIntroducing - New PartnersInvitations and StationeryLate AvailabilityMarquees, Tipis, Tents, YurtsMusic and EntertainmentPartner FocusPhotographyReal WeddingsRings and JewellerySeasonal InspirationServices & HireCateringWedding DressesWedding PlanningWedding StationaryWedding StylingWedding TransportationWedding VenuesWedding WebsitesView All Categories