Wedding Planning Tips
No matter how modest your wedding, organisation, planning and attention to detail are the key to gaining as much pleasure in the months prior to the wedding as on the day itself.
We have filled our website with tips and ideas for creating gorgeous Green Weddings
The points shown below are the key areas to consider when starting out and planning your big day.
Considering naturally greener, ethical, local and even home-made alternatives when planning your wedding may actually save you money and will definitely go a long way to personalising your whole event, as well as limiting your environmental impact.
Our mission here at GUHQ is to offer you the products and services most needed to make your wedding day that little bit greener.
But before you even start to look around, here are some key points to consider:
- BUDGET: How much money do you want to spend?
- HOW: Do you want a civil or religious ceremony?
- WHEN: Do you have a date? The main things to consider at this point are venue availability, family and friends' holidays and the seasons.
- WHERE: Will the ceremony and reception be at the same venue? Save on transport and keep them together, or at least within walking distance of each other.
- WHO: Who do you want to invite? The numbers may be dictated by your budget and size of venue.
If you live abroad, or the general demands of work leave you little time to organise your own wedding, it really is worth considering employing a professional wedding organiser.
This need not necessarily be an extra cost, either. Ethically-minded wedding planners will work well within your budget, and will ensure you keep to it, helping you save on all those little extras that creep into the mix along the way! They'll help you find the ideal suppliers to create an eco-friendly wedding that suits you perfectly.
Wedding planning is now a well established business in the UK and, although there are not many that are truly green, any creative wedding coordinator, planner, event organiser or stylist should be able to work to your brief and help you create a truly natural wedding within your budget.
More in this Category
Search Green Union
Type in your search terms and click ENTER / RETURN to search our website.
Wedding Advice1. Getting Started - Wedding Budget - Wedding Planning Tips - Your Timeline
- 2. Ceremonies and Venues - Ceremony Venues - Reception Venues - Same Sex Unions - Wedding Ceremonies3. Making It Happen - Green Transportation - Style and Atmosphere - Wedding Entertainment - Wedding Favours - Wedding Flowers - Wedding Food and Drink - Wedding Gifts - Wedding Photography - Wedding Stationery4. All Dressed Up - Footwear & Accessories - Gorgeous Grooms - THE Dress - Wedding Jewellery5. Beauty Naturally - Good Grooming - Health & Wellbeing - Healthy Hair - Makeup Magic6. Sustainable Hens, Stags and Honeymoons - Eco-Tourism - Hens and Stags - Honeymoon in the UKView All Wedding Advice Links
Wedding DirectoryAccessoriesBride and Bridesmaid DressesCakes and CateringCelebrants
- ConfettiDecorFavours and GiftsFlowersGift RegistriesGuest AccommodationHair and MakeupHens, Stags and HoneymoonsInvitations and StationeryMarquees, Tents, Tipis, YurtsMusic and EntertainmentPhotographersPlanners and StylistsRings and JewelleryTablewareTransportationVenuesVideographyWedding WebsitesView All Categories
Wedding Blog TagsGU IntroductionsWedding VenuesWedding AdviceGU Partner Focus
- Wedding Marquees, Tipis, Tents and YurtsWedding Seasonal InspirationWedding Events, Workshops and CoursesWedding InspirationWedding Rings and JewelleryWedding FlowersWedding Services and HireWedding PhotographyReal WeddingsWedding CateringWedding StylingWedding PlanningWedding VideographyWedding Hair and Make UpHens and HoneymoonsGU HQWedding and Bridesmaid DressesGU SoulmatesWedding Competitions and Special OffersWedding ElopementsWedding AccessoriesWedding Favours and GiftsWedding DecorWedding ConfettiWedding StationeryWedding WebsitesWedding Music and EntertainmentWedding CakesWedding AttireGuest PostsWedding Gift RegistriesWedding Guest AccommodationWedding TransportationWedding Invitations and StationeryWedding CelebrantsInternational Wedding InspirationEnvironmental IssuesWedding Contributed ArticlesWedding GuestsWedding Sponsored PostConscious LivingConscious ConsumerismWedding CharitiesMarriage ProposalsShow All Tags