Finding a beautiful wedding dress is often high on a bride's wish list, but beautiful needn't mean expensive, or unethical.
There are plenty of options for sourcing your dream wedding dress, and here's a run-down of some of them.
1. Have your wedding dress made-to-measure by a local dressmaker, who can create a beautiful bespoke wedding gown using organic and natural fabrics.
2. Wear a family heirloom, or a reworked vintage creation.
3. Hire a gorgeous gown.
4. Buy a once-used, much loved dress from one of the many online auction or listing sites. Just remember to buy one size bigger than you would usually wear to allow for necessary alterations to your own body shape.
5. Buy from an ethical boutique, who specialises in stocking collections from designers with eco-ethical credentials.
You can find talented and affordable wedding dress designers and stockists in our wedding directory.
More in this Category
Search Green Union
Type in your search terms and click ENTER / RETURN to search our website.
Wedding Advice1. Getting Started - Wedding Budget - Wedding Planning Tips - Your Timeline
- 2. Ceremonies and Venues - Ceremony Venues - Reception Venues - Same Sex Unions - Wedding Ceremonies3. Making It Happen - Green Transportation - Style and Atmosphere - Wedding Entertainment - Wedding Favours - Wedding Flowers - Wedding Food and Drink - Wedding Gifts - Wedding Photography - Wedding Stationery4. All Dressed Up - Footwear & Accessories - Gorgeous Grooms - THE Dress - Wedding Jewellery5. Beauty Naturally - Good Grooming - Health & Wellbeing - Healthy Hair - Makeup Magic6. Sustainable Hens, Stags and Honeymoons - Eco-Tourism - Hens and Stags - Honeymoon in the UKView All Wedding Advice Links
Wedding DirectoryAffiliatesBridal AccessoriesBride and Bridesmaid DressesCakes and Catering
- CelebrantsConfettiDecorFavours and GiftsFlowersGift RegistriesGuest AccommodationHair and MakeupHens, Stags and HoneymoonsInvitations and StationeryMarquees, Tents, Tipis, YurtsMusic and EntertainmentPhotographersPlanners and StylistsRings and JewelleryTablewareTransportationVenuesVideographyWedding WebsitesView All Categories
Wedding Blog TagsGU IntroductionsWedding VenuesWedding AdviceGU Partner Focus
- Wedding Marquees, Tipis, Tents and YurtsWedding Seasonal InspirationWedding Events, Workshops and CoursesWedding InspirationWedding Rings and JewelleryWedding FlowersWedding Services and HireWedding PhotographyReal WeddingsWedding CateringWedding StylingWedding PlanningWedding VideographyWedding Hair and Make UpHens and HoneymoonsGU HQWedding and Bridesmaid DressesGU SoulmatesWedding Competitions and Special OffersWedding ElopementsWedding AccessoriesWedding Favours and GiftsWedding DecorWedding ConfettiWedding StationeryWedding WebsitesWedding Music and EntertainmentWedding CakesWedding AttireWedding Sponsored PostGuest PostsWedding Gift RegistriesWedding Guest AccommodationWedding TransportationWedding Invitations and StationeryWedding CelebrantsInternational Wedding InspirationEnvironmental IssuesWedding Contributed ArticlesWedding GuestsConscious LivingConscious ConsumerismWedding CharitiesMarriage ProposalsShow All Tags