Finding a beautiful wedding dress is often high on a bride's wish list, but beautiful needn't mean expensive, or unethical.
There are plenty of options for sourcing your dream wedding dress, and here's a run-down of some of them.
1. Have your wedding dress made-to-measure by a local dressmaker, who can create a beautiful bespoke wedding gown using organic and natural fabrics.
2. Wear a family heirloom, or a reworked vintage creation.
3. Hire a gorgeous gown.
4. Buy a once-used, much loved dress from one of the many online auction or listing sites. Just remember to buy one size bigger than you would usually wear to allow for necessary alterations to your own body shape.
5. Buy from an ethical boutique, who specialises in stocking collections from designers with eco-ethical credentials.
You can find talented and affordable wedding dress designers and stockists in our wedding directory.
More in this Category
Wedding Advice1. Getting Started - Wedding Budget - Wedding Planning Tips - Your Timeline
- 2. Ceremonies and Venues - Ceremony Venues - Reception Venues - Same Sex Unions - Wedding Ceremonies3. Making It Happen - Green Transportation - Style and Atmosphere - Wedding Entertainment - Wedding Favours - Wedding Flowers - Wedding Food and Drink - Wedding Gifts - Wedding Photography - Wedding Stationery4. All Dressed Up - Footwear & Accessories - Gorgeous Grooms - THE Dress - Wedding Jewellery5. Beauty Naturally - Good Grooming - Health & Wellbeing - Healthy Hair - Makeup Magic6. Sustainable Hens, Stags and Honeymoons - Eco-Tourism - Hens and Stags - Honeymoon in the UKShow Less
Wedding DirectoryAccessoriesBride and Bridesmaid DressesCakes and CateringCelebrants
- ConfettiDecorFavours and GiftsFlowersGift RegistriesGuest AccommodationHair and Make UpHens and HoneymoonsInvitations and StationeryMarquees, Tents, Tipis, YurtsMusic and EntertainmentPhoto BoothsPhotographersPlanners and StylistsRings and JewelleryTablewareTransportationVenuesWedding WebsitesView All Categories
Blog TagsAccessoriesAdviceBride and Bridesmaid DressesCakes and Catering
- CelebrantsCompetitions, Discounts, OffersConfettiDecorEnvironmental IssuesEvents, Workshops, CoursesFavours and GiftsFlowersGift RegistriesGreen UnionsGU SoulmatesGuest AccommodationGuest PostGUHQHair and Make UpHens and HoneymoonsInspirationIntroducing - New PartnersInvitations and StationeryLate AvailabilityMarquees, Tipis, Tents, YurtsMusic and EntertainmentPartner FocusPhotographyReal WeddingsRings and JewellerySeasonal InspirationServices & HireSustainable LivingCateringWedding DressesWedding PlanningWedding StationaryWedding StylingWedding TransportationWedding VenuesWedding WebsitesView All Categories