GUEST POST - Foam-Free Floral Design Ideas from Sabine Darrall
GUEST POST - Foam-Free Floral Design Ideas from Sabine Darrall...
Published on: 22nd May 2019
24th May 2019
By 6 months before the wedding day, most couples with have their planning well underway (although fear not, if you've decided on a short engagement, check out our post-engagement guide and 12 to 9 month guide, too!)
1. Choose your bridesmaids dress once your dress has be chosen, and your colour scheme finalised.
2. Finalise your guest list and make sure you have all your guest address details
3. Choose and order wedding invitations and any additional stationery such as menu cards and order of service – if you are having these.
4. Make sure all your suppliers are finalised, and discuss important details like flowers with your florist and your cake with your cake maker, and organise a cake-tasting.
5. Make sure your passports are up to date for your honeymoon and organise any travel immunisations if necessary.
6. Finalise your wedding transport plans – at South Farm we can recommend car hire and local taxi and coach companies so just let us if you are looking at different options.
1. Decide on your menu choices. At South Farm all our couples booking a bespoke wedding are invited to a menu tasting in the preceding winter before their wedding which is a lovely opportunity for couples to taste lots of food from our menus. If you would like something off-menu then don’t hesitate to let us know and you can talk to the chefs and we can devise something special to suit.
2. Send out your wedding invitations to your guests; don’t forget to ask guests if they have any dietary requirements so you can inform your venue, and if you are having a multi-choice menu you will need to ask each guest their menu preference.
3. Shop for and order your wedding rings!
4. Organise your dress fittings with your dress maker/bridal shop and organise any adjustments for your bridesmaids dresses.
5. Source your accessories, shoes, tiara, jewellery etc.
6. Book a hair and make-up artists and plan a trial with each of them.
7. Source and order favours and any gifts for family members, bridesmaids and groomsmen.
At South Farm we invite all couples in for a detailed planning meeting 3-4 months before their wedding date when we go through exactly how they would like to their day to be. We go through the finer details for the day and make sure all your wishes and timings are meticulously documented so that on the day you can just relax and enjoy your special day with your loved ones safe in the knowledge that our staff will look after you and your guests and make sure your wishes are carried out exactly.
Look out for your wedding countdown with just 8 weeks to go, published on GREEN UNION next month!